I learned BabylonJS’s GUI system and added some simple stuff. Like all things BabylonJS thus far, it was easier than I expected. This engine really is refreshing to use after having tried so many cumbersome, restrictive, and just plain tiresome alternatives.
All I’m doing with the menu for now is a “paused…” screen. Pretty important in a browser-based game, because it’s so easy for the game itself to lose focus. The user will frequently switch tabs, reload the page, etc.
Check out version 0.0.0.3 here.
The latest version is here, as always.
Made progress today. Updated to the latest version of Blender (my 3D modeling tool of choice) because I read that it supported exporting directly to the GLTF format, which is what BabylonJS uses. That fixed a lot of weird issues I was seeing when trying to import 3D models from older versions of Ladon.
Continue reading “Version 0.0.0.2”
I had to take another really long break from working on Ladon. But, for the moment, I’ve got time, motivation, and the opportunity to get back to work. So let’s go, once again.
Continue reading “Back Again, All New Again”