A Year’s Progress

I was looking through some old builds of Ladon and realized that it has been about one year since we officially started. The image above [click here for full image] shows how it looked then versus now. I had just started dusting off my knowledge of OpenGL and experimenting with different game engines. I bounced from Irrlicht to Ogre3D to Unity and then back to Irrlicht. The June 2014 screenshot is from the very first build that I sent to Ansel and Garrett to show them my dinky little project and ask if they were interested in helping out. It had one light source and a grand total of about 1000 triangles being drawn. For comparison, currently, every spark on the screen is a light source and each individual tile on the ship has about 3000 triangles.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.